This website serves as personal blog and also documents what is hosted at this server.
'Be the change you wish to see in the world'
- dr460nf1r3 pushed to project branch master at Garuda Linux / Applications / g...dr460nf1r3 (9232b54b) at 15 Oct 11:26 Typo
- dr460nf1r3 pushed new project tag 1.0.12 at Garuda Linux / Applications / gar...dr460nf1r3 (ae3e793c) at 14 Oct 11:11 UI change from previous commit
- dr460nf1r3 pushed to project branch master at Garuda Linux / Applications / g...dr460nf1r3 (ae3e793c) at 14 Oct 11:10 UI change from previous commit
- dr460nf1r3 pushed to project branch master at Garuda Linux / Applications / g...dr460nf1r3 (0fe403e9) at 14 Oct 11:05 Change UptimeRobot to Freshstatus
- dr460nf1r3 pushed to project branch master at Garuda Linux / Websites / start...dr460nf1r3 (fab72313) at 14 Oct 11:02 Change UptimeRobot to Freshstatus
- dr460nf1r3 commented on issue psifidotos/applet-window-buttons#131dr460nf1r3 commented on psifidotos/applet-window-buttons#131 Oct 15, 2021 dr460nf1r3 commented Oct 15, 2021 Thanks a lot @psifidotos! Testing asap 🤩
- dr460nf1r3 starred Audio4Linux/JDSP4Linuxdr460nf1r3 starred Audio4Linux/JDSP4Linux Oct 14, 2021 Audio4Linux/JDSP4Linux An audio effect processor for PipeWire and PulseAudio clients C 54 Updated Oct 2
- dr460nf1r3 closed an issue in chaotic-aur/packagesdr460nf1r3 closed an issue in chaotic-aur/packages Oct 14, 2021 [Request] jamesdsp #982 👶 For requesting new packages Link to the package(s) in AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jamesdsp Utility this package has for you: Incr…
- dr460nf1r3 pushed to main in chaotic-aur/packagesdr460nf1r3 pushed to main in chaotic-aur/packages Oct 14, 2021 1 commit to main 5cae28f Closes #983, closes #982
- dr460nf1r3 closed an issue in chaotic-aur/packagesdr460nf1r3 closed an issue in chaotic-aur/packages Oct 14, 2021 [Request] qdirstat #983 Link to the package(s) in AUR: here Utility this package has for you: I use this package to quickly find big folders and files on my system t…
Custom designed, blurry beauty
The so called “dr460nized” editions of Garuda Linux offer a dark, blurry and fully immersive experience. 😍 The workflow is mac-alike with the appmenu baked right into the top bar – thanks to using FireDragon as default browser instead of Firefox it is also integrated with the appmenu! To provide a very high level of immersion the bleeding edge version of Latte dock is used and theming has been handpicked so no part of the system remains unthemed!
Useful tools for everyday tasks
Garuda Linux ships with custom tools & settings for maintaining the system. That means even people new to Arch or Linux should be able to operate it with only little assistance needed🤞 Since it is built on top of Archs repos and uses Chaotic-AUR, it always has the latest packages! If you want to know more about how it all started, I got you covered! 😀
Take back your privacy
Recently we got to know that Mozilla no longer supports a free internet. Their browser, Firefox, collects a lot of telemetry by default. Librewolf is a community maintained project which cuts the privacy compromising parts out of Firefox and provides a hardened browser config. That means no about:config tweaking is needed, everything works just after opening the browser for the first time. It has one very big drawback though: no Nightly (alpha) are builds available – just stable releases. 😲 Recently also a stable version of FireDragon got released which will serve as default browser for the Garuda Linux! 🐉
Privacy-aware, sane defaults
When I found out that a talented Maintainer brought a working PKGBUILD to AUR which is able to build from bleeding edge branches I was definitely interested! Even better, with some modifications I was able to build a custom branded version with my own settings called “FireDragon“. This fork ships sane defaults which let many things which are broken in Librewolf work out of the box, ships with the Searx search engine, some handpicked patches from Gentoo, Ubuntu & Debian and some useful addons. Of course it is also available at Chaotic-AUR, built daily from the latest source!
Well integrated cloud storage
Nextcloud offers an easy to operate, well integrated file syncing solution. It can serve as an open source alternative to proprietary services such as Google Drive. Combined with DAVx5 it is also able to provide contacts and calendar syncing for Android phones. As you might notice, its Dashboard looks absolutely georgeous and can mimic the “dr460nized” look 😇
Open source, alternative cloud ecosystem
As already mentioned, Nextcloud is able to integrate well into a lot of services. Garuda Linux provides 250MB of storage for its users to serve as an example of an open source cloud ecosystem which can be selfhosted. At first that might not seem much but keep in mind this server runs on hardware provided by Fosshost and is provided for free so you can test it out! 😌 Currently about 250 people signed up for this service. Im looking forward to how this develops!
Bitwarden and Cryptpad
Convenient password manager
Bitwarden is a modern, open source password management tool which has native apps for all major operating systems. When working in a team, it is easy to share passwords with the “corporation” feature! For browsers and Android devices autofill can be used which makes the process very convenient as well. ✌️
Secure alternative collaboration suite
CryptPad is a private-by-design alternative to popular office tools and cloud services. All the content stored on CryptPad is encrypted before being sent which means nobody can access your data (even the server itself!) unless you give them the keys. 🔑
Searx and Whoogle
Private & flexible metasearch engine
Searx is a so called “metasearch engine” which is able to aggregate search results from over 70 search services! Unlike the widely used Google or Bing, Searx does not track or profile the user in any way which makes it a good choice for privacy aware users. Also no advertisements are shown and private data is removed before sending requests to the actual search engine. Due to being able to pull search results from a lot of different sources, Searx is able to provide a lot of different results if settings are adjusted accordingly.
Privacy aware search engine using Google results
Whoogle is another good alternative when it comes to search engines. This one uses (as the name might suggest) Googles search results while removing any data which might be able to identify the user when sending the search request to Google. Also, advertisements & sponsored posts (often not identified by the user as such) are a thing of the past when using Whoogle. Some people might prefer this over Searx as this offers Googles search results, which are often better and more fitting than for example Bing.